I find myself today in two 12 step programs. Wow.... I have been trying to wrap my brain around how to manage not one but two. I realize today that I don't have to manage it if I surrender it to my HP. HP will guide me to the next right step. If you aren't in or familiar with 12 steps that may not make any sense to you.
I have been in the second program for 44 days. 44 days sober from alcohol. I have been back, from a 2+ year relapse, in the other program since last fall. The thing with 12 step recovery is that it is helping me live a richer, more meaningful life. I am not stressing out, well as much or as often, as I did before recovery. I am also learning that the drugs of my choice aren't really the underlying problem of my addictions. They are a symptom.
I am working through the wreckage of my past to get to a healthier life. Everyday is like a new discovery. That isn't to say that I don't crave my drugs of choice now and again. I do and that is where I have to work my program harder. Stay connected with others in recovery, stay connected daily with my HP and attend meetings.
My other blog, knitting related, has suffered some serious down time since I started working my programs. I didn't stop knitting but I have stopped knitting compulsively. I think there was a time when I only wanted to knit and used it to avoid life. That isn't healthy either. I am learning that I need balance and the 12 steps are teaching me life balance.
I hope to share more on this blog going forward about my recovery.
Thank you for reading. If you found anything useful here please leave a note. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment