Happiness is an achievement brought
about by inner productiveness. People
succeed at being happy by building a
liking for themselves.
Erich Fromm
Its funny. When I think about am I happy I hear the old tapes (my internal critic) start up in my head. The ones where I shouldn't care if I am happy or not. What matters is everyone else around me. Are they happy? If they aren't happy they might start yelling and screaming. If they are yelling and screaming then I can't think. Well actually it is just one person that did the yelling and screaming. I haven't lived with him on a permanent basis since I was 7 or 8. He is no longer in my life but I still am affected by the screaming and yelling.
So am I happy? Yes I am happy but I have work to do. I need to work on my happiness. That is what this recovery is about. Being happy in my own skin with my thoughts. Owning my life and being happy with it.
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment