GOD grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
This prayer means so much to many, many people. Today I am using this prayer to help me reconcile my thoughts and feelings with reality. There is something I wish I could change but I really can't. This is leaving me in a state of turmoil. It has been the state for a long time. I have made amends and changes and that is all I can do.
The struggle is that my perfect people pleaser is screaming why can't it just be enough. I have been beating myself up and feelings of being a crappy person start to surface. But then I remember I need the wisdom to realize I cannot change it. It is what it is..... So today I am seeking serenity within by accepting the wisdom that I can't change it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment